Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Lease-in-Place
An Opportunity Exists for Current Renters who are Seeking Rental Assistance
The Housing Authority of the County of Tulare (HATC) is currently accepting applications for the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program through the 'lease-in-place' preference. This is being offered to those currently on our waiting list that have applied for the HCV Program. If you haven't applied, you can submit your application and then follow the steps below.
In order to qualify for the 'lease-in-place' preference, you will need to make sure you have applied for the HCV Program, submitted the landlord participation form with a current rental agreement (showing documentation that you have leased up for the last three months and that you are in good standing with a zero past due balance). Most importantly, you MUST LEASE IN PLACE. All HCV Program income and eligibility criteria remain applicable and you are still subject to all the proper screening HATC will conduct in order to determine eligibility for the Housing Choice Voucher Program.
Please be prepared to provide the following:
- Verifications of all income into your home for any family members that will be living with you (welfare, paycheck, stubs for the last 3 months, unemployment, SS, or SSI child support, bank statements for the last 6 months, proof of assests, etc.).
- Copies of social security cards and birth certificates for all family members.
- Copies of the front and back of any immigration forms for any family members leagally in this Country, but not Citizens.
- Proof of babysitting expenses you pay for which you are not reimbursed.
- DD Form 214 for any family member who is a veteran.
How to Apply:
Please select the link here: Online Application, and submit an application for the Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8). Then print and complete the landlord participation form (available for download here), with a copy of the lease and mail or fax to the address listed on the landlord participation form.